Tuesday, August 13, 2013

S U M M E R 2 0 1 3

This has been one of the greatest summers of my life so far. Choosing to go to school during the summer, while seeming absolutely insane at first, turned out to be one of the best decisions I've ever made. I have met so many wonderful people and made lots of new friends. Just when I thought I was a hopeless and utter disaster, these people showed me that there was still hope. As I said goodbye to one of my good friends who leaves on his mission tomorrow, I realized that even though I've only known them for a short while, I'm going to miss seeing them every Sunday at church, or in the hallway. I'm even going to miss the random, awkward situations created everyday when people just show up at my door or I embarrass myself in front of my roommates cute home teacher. These people changed me in just a short couple of weeks and I am grateful that they did. I see the world in a whole new way now and I have every single one of them to thank for that. So even though I may not see any of them ever again, they'll always be my friends and that's a good feeling to have. It makes saying goodbye a lot easier.
Well, I guess I'd better get back to studying for finals, but I just want you to know that there is always hope in the world. There are always people who will change your misconceptions of love, life and/or people in general. So don't give up just yet. I almost did, but if I had I wouldn't be the person I am now. It's worth it. I promise.
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment