Saturday, March 9, 2013

Moving On

A lot has been happening in my life over the past few months. I finished the hard part of Senior Project and graduation is coming fast. Soon after that I'll be heading to BYU. Its crazy how close everything is, and we never thought it would ever get here.

Over these last few months I've also learned that you can't let other people determine your happiness. I know that's what everyone says, and I always believed it, but I just kept saying to myself, when I get friends I'll be happy. Or, when I graduate I'll be happy. If I could just get out of this town I'll be happy. But no. You can't live your life that way or you'll NEVER be happy, and unfortunately I learned this the hard way. It took almost two years for me to get this, but I'm glad I finally did. There are things that come along with this, however. Because I'm growing as a person, I feel like I'm leaving people behind and there's nothing I can do about that. It's sad, but maybe it's time for me to be my own person. To finally understand what it's like to be really, truly me.

We'll see how this goes, but for now, choose to live your life in happiness now instead of later. xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment